Empowering Confidence | Gain the Psychological Edge in Negotiations & High Impact Conversations
Dates: Every Wednesday | May 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Duration: 4 x Workshops, Each 90 mins (9.30am – 11am)
Cost: €140 p.p (Max 12)
Effective negotiation, influencing and ethical persuasion skills are increasingly necessary to progress in 21st century business. More than ever before, 2020 demonstrated to all of us the importance of continuously developing our ability to manage our minds and emotions, to find balance with others we work with whether colleagues or clients and to adapt in the face of a rapidly changing world.
This four-part workshop series will provide participants with a strong collection of tangible skills to support their capacity to perform under pressure, build rapport and engage in often challenging conversations with colleagues and counterparts. This collaboration can uncover hidden potential and value often missed or overlooked. Feel unshakeable, confident and uncover hidden value while being authentic to yourself
This is a workshop, not a webinar. The trainer delivers information on useful concepts, tools and techniques while inviting learners to discuss and apply the tools to their current role and objectives. The time between each of the four workshops enables the learner to reflect and to apply the tools then revert the following week with progress, insights, successes, and any challenges.
Workshop 1: Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Prepare: Diverse preparation gives greater adaptability and options for success
- Increase awareness and flexibility by choosing the most situation appropriate role in how you interact and relate to others rather than merely acting on habit, creating greater freedom and options to build connection.
- Plan with play for contingencies and upsets, reducing blind spots, increasing versatility and risk avoidance.
- Counterpart Mindset: To influence the other side, we must better understand them, their values and desires as well as their fears, uncertainties, doubts and concerns.
Workshop 2: Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Review progress, successes and any challenges since Workshop 1
- Uncover intangibles and items of unequal value to add greater unique benefit and differentiation to any agreement.
- Integrate divergent and convergent thinking to create a broader array of better options, both rational as well as more imaginative choices.
- Improved Decision Making: Methods to reduce ego and ‘needing to be right’ and move to increasing accuracy toward our desired outcome.
Workshop 3: Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Review progress, successes and any challenges since Workshop 2
- Control: Lead your mental and emotional states to influence others
- Uncover what you stand for and why for greater clarity and ease in decision making.
- Mindset Matters: adopting an approach to high pressure negotiations or conversations that trigger greater resourcefulness, resilience and agility.
- Dealing with Nerves: a dual approach to make your biology work for you and enhance performance rather than working against you.
Workshop 4: Duration: 1.5 Hours
- Review progress, successes and any challenges since Workshop 3
- Engage: For better outcomes, do not dictate, learn to direct
- Practice discovery conversations to confirm and upgrade our approach and strategy.
- Apply scientifically proven rapport building methods, that enable greater insight, understanding and connection in difficult conversations.
- Modulate your voice and tone for greater impact of your message.
- The ability to get out of one’s head and into the mind and emotions of the ‘other side’ to understand where they’re coming from, increasing empathy and building connection.
- Apply innovation tools and techniques to illuminate and mould unique opportunities to significantly increase value exchanged and differentiation.
- How to be at your most resourceful and unflappable, moving away from reacting to the other side and being able to positively influence them.
- The ability to ethically use rapport building strategies to ‘open up’ counterparts and colleagues growing greater trust even when they are closed or defensive.
These topics and skills are of value to all individuals: “To Sell Is Human” – Daniel H. Pink.
The language and range of examples we utilise to bring the concepts at work to life, can be adapted to help the particular audience connect with the content.
Alistair McBride (MA, Dip. Coaching, Dip Counselling, Psychotherapy, PgCert. Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Enterprise) Coach, Facilitator, Consultant.
Al is an experienced entrepreneur. For over 13 years he has started businesses in fields as diverse as art consultancy, history and tourism, online video production, e-learning and website development.
Following a foundation in psychotherapy and counselling, he moved into Strategic Intervention Coaching, a highly results directed synthesis of multiple psychological schools and approaches. The balance of empathy and creativity with practical, actionable, outcome focused strategies greatly suits his personality and philosophy.
He enjoys working with groups and one-to-one, both in person and online. Stress Management and Negotiation and Influencing are two key areas of particular interest, as well as sustainable behaviour change and increased productivity through peak performance psychology.
In a previous career as an art consultant, Alistair negotiated hundreds of deals with artists, buyers, galleries and businesses. He has since coached clients who negotiate in the diverse fields of software, law, aviation, FMCG, telecoms, insurance and corporate finance.
Alistair was an associate Facilitator for University College Dublin’s Innovation Academy in their post-graduate course ‘Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise’. He has guest lectured in Cognitive Behavioural Coaching on the UCC Masters in Personal and Management Coaching programme and is on the recommended coaches list at UCC.
“Al’s training provided a dynamic and comprehensive approach to address a gap in our approach to negotiations. The team all felt better equipped and confident entering negotiations with corporate entities, shifting from back foot to front. I have already reaped benefits, successfully securing deals utilising a number of Al’s wider value factors”.
Noel McCluskey, Sales Account Director, Oracle, Dublin
IMPORTANT: Places are open to Irish based companies and sole traders only. Companies and sole traders outside the ROI do not qualify for the Immersive Technologies Skillnet subsidy.
Multiple Purchases (company paying for more than one participant): Register participants here and Immersive Technologies Skillnet will invoice your company. Each participant must fill out the registration form.
Single Purchase: Register and pay via the event link below.
There is a 7 day cancellation policy in place. Fees cannot be refunded if places are cancelled inside of the 7 day period prior to the commencement date (but can be transferred to another participant up to 24hrs in advance of commencement date).
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any technical issues when applying on the website please contact email@example.com
- The Psychological Edge
5th May 2021 - 26th May 2021
9:00 am - 11:00 am