Animation, Screen, and Immersive Technologies Skillnets provide subsidised skills development solutions to the Animation, Screen, and Immersive Technology sectors (Games, VR/AR/MR etc.) in Ireland through high-end, bespoke training courses that are designed and delivered by industry specialists.
All three Skillnets are co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies.
We are now looking to hire a Project Manager (Part-Time) to work across our 3 networks (Animation Skillnet, Screen Skillnet and Immersive Technologies Skillnet) to successfully manage and deliver a number of key projects in 2021.
This will be a part-time contract position until the end of 2021 and is envisaged as 2 or 3 days per week for a 6-8 month period between May-December 2021, up to a maximum of 100 Days.
Role – Details and Duties
The list below, which applies across all 3 networks, is not exhaustive and might be complemented by reasonable and related additional tasks across all 3 networks.
- Work with others to manage and successfully deliver a number of key projects in 2021, including access programmes (traineeships, boot camps, development labs) and an online portal for Screen & Immersive innovation and collaboration.
- Liaise with industry and education stakeholder organisations on the roll out of these key sectoral projects.
- Work closely and maintain a high level of communication with the Network Managers, the Network Director and other stakeholders to achieve objectives of the organisation and to successfully deliver the key sectoral projects and KPIs.
- Lead project planning sessions and manage project progress.
- Create detailed project management charters and plans including work breakdown schedules, milestones and deadlines for each project.
- Manage project budgets.
- Detect, report, and resolve project-related issues as they arise.
- Regularly track project performance and provide ongoing updates as required.
- Regularly review and evaluate project progress, and create detailed reports for sign-off.
Requirements – Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline or relevant experience supplemented with equivalent qualification.
- Prior experience of managing projects is essential.
- A strong track record of successful project delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A forward thinker and ideas generator.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs and Google suite.
- Strong organisation and record keeping skills.
- Online/virtual platform experience (for example Zoom, MS TEAMS) preferred.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a cover letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Friday 14th May with the subject line: Project Manager Application.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual interview for the role in May.
This part-time contract will run over a 6-8 month period, remunerated at €250 per day (up to a maximum of 100 days). The successful candidate will not be exclusive to the Skillnet Network but will be required to abide by the Skillnet Code of Conduct and Conflicts of Interest rules. The successful candidate must be available to start immediately. This position is based in Dublin, though some occasional travel may be required (once government directives allow for this). Due to government guidelines related to COVID-19 the role will be a remote working role initially and will move to hybrid/blended working (home and onsite/office) role once COVID-19 related restrictions are lifted”