Skills For Growth
Facilitators: Dr. Celine Mullins & Annika McGivern (Adaptas)
October 19th, October 26th, November 2nd, November 9th, November 16th, November 23rd, November 30th, December 7th, (*four week break for holiday season*) January 11th, January 18th
Duration: 7.00pm – 8.30pm (90 Mins)
Cost: €270 p.p
Early Bird (Register and Pay Before Oct 9th): €205 p.p
‘Skills for Growth’ is a 10-week group programme built around Dr. Celine Mullins’ recently published books; Our Learning Brain and Developing Learning Habits. These books support readers to understand and overcome blocks to learning and habit change. The programme brings the content in these books to life in a practical and impactful manner, supporting participants to develop more effective routines and habits in life and work.
Everything covered is applied in real time to the change you wish to make.
• Understand Energy and Managing Change, and how to overcome the brain’s natural tendency to block change.
• Explore how approaching change with broad strokes will hamper consolidation.
• Understand how self-identity and how you see yourself as an individual helps or hinders change.
• Understand interoception and how full body involvement is required to strengthen the chance of success.
• Distinguish between motivation and discipline and apply Motivational Interviewing to the change you wish to make.
• Establish how your personal values and beliefs can be utilised to support you in change.
• Understand all the research from the topics of Positive Psychology that can impact on change.
• Explore the nervous system and its interaction with creating lasting change.
• Understand some of the most important anatomical structures that are important for memory, attention and learning, and hence long-term change.
• Explore all the evidence from theory and research on memory regarding long-lasting change.
• Establish habit loops and habit stacking to support your change.
• Consider your environment, who and what is in it to support your change. Environment trumps motivation.
• Understand how to overcome ongoing internal and external obstacles to change.
- How to manage one’s energy, awareness, and focus to successfully change habits
- How to create long lasting change and sustain motivation over-time
- How to re-align identity, actions, and beliefs to support the person you want to be
The topics, models, and skills practiced during this programme are of value to all individuals, whether they are employees, sole traders, business owners, or managers of teams. The objective of this programme is to learn and move through a process that supports people to grow in an area of their choosing and it can be applied again and again in other areas of work and life.
Much of it can also be applied by the participants with colleagues, friends and family who are looking to grow and make change.
Dr. Celine Mullins has over 15 years’ experience as a Psychologist, Coach and Training Consultant working across Multinationals, SMEs, Governmental and Educational agencies. She teaches the Cognitive Behavioural Coaching Module of the MSc in Personal and Management Coaching, University College Cork (since 2015) and regularly facilitates learning amongst various coaching communities and speaks at conferences, webinars and on podcasts.
Celine obtained her BA (Hons) in Psychology at University College Dublin and her Ph.D at Trinity College Dublin. She also has a Certificate in Training and Development, Diploma in Statistics, Diploma in Personal and Executive Coaching, Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, Certificate in The Neuroscience of Change, and is studying Transpersonal Leadership Coaching.
Annika McGivern is a Performance, Sport and Exercise Psychologist. Her years competing and coaching in high-stakes environments challenged her to develop excellent communication skills and a passion for understanding the psychological factors that drive people towards, or away, from success.
Combining this experience with a BA (Hons) of Psychology from the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada, and a MSc of Sport and Exercise Psychology from Ulster University in Belfast, Annika now works in across the sport, fitness and business sectors in Ireland, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Her approach focuses on developing the skills needed by individuals and teams to excel under pressure in the areas that matter most, bringing insights about the tangible skills, we need to perform, lead, and communicate effectively from a sport context and successfully applying them to a business context.
With fifteen years of experience working across Multinationals, SMEs, Governmental and Educational agencies, across a wide range of sectors in Ireland and internationally, Adaptas pivoted successfully during March 2020 to delivering learning and coaching in the virtual space. As well as delivering workshops, programmes, 1-2-1 coaching, and creating training videos, in 2018 Adaptas started creating training tools with their clients using Virtual reality. One of these tools, ‘Immersive Sales Star’ won the award for ‘Excellence in Digital Learning’ with FBD Insurance from the Irish Institute of Training & Development Awards (IITD) March 2019.
“One of the things that sets Adaptas apart from other providers is their ability to really get into the psyche of our organisation and our culture; this is reflected in Adaptas’ flair for customised design and facilitation and time and time again, our employees share positive feedback for the impact they experience working with Adaptas.”
Eve Bulman, Senior Manager, People Development (Global), Intercom
IMPORTANT: Places are open to Irish based companies and sole traders only. Companies and sole traders outside the ROI do not qualify for the Immersive Technologies Skillnet subsidised workshop.
There is a 7 day cancellation policy in place. Fees cannot be refunded if places are cancelled inside of the 7 day period prior to the commencement date (but can be transferred to another participant up to 24hrs in advance of commencement date).
Registration & Payment Deadline 12.00pm on Friday 15th October 2021
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issue with applying on the website please contact email@example.com
- Skills For Growth Workshops
18th October 2021 - 1st December 2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm