Course: Game Modelling with Maya, Substance Painter & Unity
Dates: Coming Soon
Duration: 10.00am – 3:00pm (5 Hr) TBD
These classes will provide a solid introduction to producing animations in Realtime from the ground up.
An introduction to modelling & texturing for computer games using Autodesk Maya and Unity and Adobe Substance Painter and Unity. These courses will cover the basics of asset production with a focus on standard game modelling practices.
• Learn to utilize and navigate the 3D authoring package Autodesk Maya and Adobe Substance Painter
• Understand the different mesh requirements for different games and platforms
• Learn to model a simple 3D game prop using concept art and reference
• Learn High Poly / Low Poly production techniques
• Learn to unwrap models for texturing
• Learn to export and import game ready geometry for use in the Unity Game Engine
• Learn to navigate the Unity Game Engine
• Import and setup your 3D game mesh as a game ready prefab in Unity
Participants will come away with a basic knowledge of standard practices in modelling & texturing models for computer games. Participants will also feel confident to continue working with Maya & Substance Painter and Unity 3D.
End Certification: Certificate of Completion
RealmWerx is owned and operated by Paul Timpson.
Paul is a veteran of the animation industry, working in three continents in companies such as
Dreamworks, Animal Logic, & Framestore. Currently consulting for Screen Skills Ireland on CG
/VFX Degree level Curriculum – design and delivery. More recently Paul is progressing into the
Realtime Arena, applying his wide experience and skills in this new and exciting area of
storytelling and design through the Realtime Learning Hub RealmWerx.
Trainer: Damon Rayner
Damon is a CG Artist with 20 years’ experience working predominantly in console and mobile
games development with credits on 11 successfully shipped titles. During his time in the
games industry, Damon has worked in every discipline area of art production. In the past 10
years Damon has focused his career on Technical Art and Leadership and is currently a
Technical Art Director at the Berlin office of Snowprint Studios.
Please fill out the Expression of Interest here.
We will advise once the courses are scheduled.
Please note that places are limited, are open to Irish registered SMEs or Sole Traders only.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issue with applying on the website please contact email@example.com
- 13.02.21 Game Modelling With Maya and Unity
13th February 2021
10:00 am - 3:00 pm