APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR
COMPANY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Facilitators: Beta Digital (Digital Transformation), Inspiring Change (Culture & Wellbeing), Green Spark (Sustainability)
Dates: From October 2022
Duration: 6 Months (approx. 1 day per month, per strand)
Venue: Remote and Face 2 Face
Max Participants: 10 Companies per strand
Cost: €450 per strand, Covers 1 x Senior Level participant per company
Animation Skillnet, Immersive Technologies Skillnet, Screen Skillnet and Screen Ireland are excited to announce FUTURE EDGE, a company development programme for the creative industries.
The creative industries in Ireland are experiencing a wave of expansion and growth. In 2021, across film, documentary, animation and TV drama, the total production spend in Ireland was €500 million, the best year on record, and a 40% increase on 2019. The newer, Irish Immersive sector, is currently worth over €43 million and showing huge future potential. Sectoral stakeholders are keen for the growth to continue, but in a responsible, sustainable and inclusive way.
FUTURE EDGE offers the Irish creative industries and associated bodies, the opportunity to aid business growth, attract FDI, evolve workforce design and talent retention, and ultimately improve the working culture of their organization and the creative sectors in Ireland as a whole.
Future Edge is a six month training programme split into 3 different strands that can be applied for separately. The three strands which incorporate workshops and mentorship will enable company/organization leaders to advance their policies in relation to:
- Workplace Culture and Wellbeing
- Digital Innovation / Transformation
Companies/organizations can apply to attend one or all three strands, but we would recommend that different representatives are elected to attend each (depending on roles and responsibilities), should your company’s application be successful.
What will this programme cover?
- Each strand will be facilitated by a leading organization in the areas of either Sustainability or Workplace Culture or Digital Innovation.
- Each strand will incorporate 5 x day long workshops between October 2022 and March 2023. Approx one per month. Exact dates TBD.
- 10 x companies/organizations will be selected for each strand.
- It is recommended that two senior representatives attend each workshop for the duration of the programme.
- Workshops will take place in person (with some hybrid elements), with the exception of the Sustainability strand which will take place online.
- The location for each workshop will be determined once the final group of ten companies is selected, depending on their geographic spread.
- One to One Mentoring will also be built into the curriculum and will take place throughout the 6 month period, either online or in person, depending on the needs of the companies.
- While each strand has a core curriculum, this will be complemented by additional sector specific content devised in dialogue with the selected participants.
- The output from each strand will be the development of a company policy, strategy or plan on either Sustainability, Workplace Culture or Digital Innovation.
This programme will run from October 2022 into March 2023.
Exact times and dates of workshops will be determined once participating companies have been chosen.
Who would this workshop benefit?
This programme is designed for companies/organisations operating for 2/3 years. One individual at a senior level in the company/organisation is required to attend from each company/organisation for each strand. A company/organisation can apply for one or more strands.
The nature of the company’s business should include, but is not limited to: film, television, animation, games, immersive technologies, AR/VR, post-production, VFX, facilities, sales, distribution and exhibition. We are also open to applications from representative bodies, guilds, festivals and broadcasters etc.
- Sustainability (managed by Animation Skillnet) – Green Spark.
- Workplace Culture and Wellbeing (managed by Screen Skillnet) – Inspiring Change.
- Digital Innovation / Transformation (managed by Immersive Technologies Skillnet) – Beta Digital.
Included in the application are the following:
- Statement of intent outlining what you want to achieve from the programme.
- Biography of each applicant.
- Company Profile.
Note: (If you wish to participate in all three strands you must fill out 3 x applications)
Apply for the Sustainability Strand HERE
Apply for the Workplace Culture and Wellbeing Strand HERE
Apply for the Digital Innovation/ Transformation Strand HERE
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Extended – September 28th 5pm
IMPORTANT: Places are open to Republic of Ireland based companies/organisations only. Companies/organisations outside of the ROI do not qualify.
For further information, please email email@example.com
For any technical issues when applying on the website please contact Jessica Bressan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Future Edge
1st October 2022 - 31st March 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm