Tutor: Lúnasa Yoga
Date: Every Tuesday & Thursday,
November 10th- December 17th, 2020 (6 x Weeks)
Duration: 20 Minutes (13.00-13.20)
Since the Covid-19 pandemic there have been many challenges faced by people in their professional and personal lives. Now more than ever, in the absence of the connections we make every day with the people we work with, we need to consider our mental health and wellbeing. During this COVID lockdown 2.0 – we aren’t walking to work, or out to lunch to meet a friend, or taking a stroll to a colleague’s desk. The tendency to remain at our WFH desk, sometimes all day, is common.
So why is yoga extremely beneficial for those who incorporate it into their workday?
In a survey conducted by Mental Health First Aid Ireland and sent to 1,200 employees in May and June 2020, it has become evident that working from home has had a serious impact on people’s mental and physical health.
- Almost half of the survey respondents reported aches and pains, especially in the neck (45.6%), shoulder (41.5%) and back (45.2%) compared to their normal physical condition.
- Diet and exercise have been impacted with (40%) acknowledging that they are
moving less. Some (40%) of respondents reported loss of sleep due to worry.
- (50%) indicated that they experienced fatigue rather more or a lot more than usual.
A short time spent doing simple yoga right at your desk, is the answer to:
- Improving neck and back pain
- Reducing stress
- Improving psychological wellbeing
- 2 x 20 min desk yoga sessions per week (Tues & Thurs) with a ‘live’ instructor 🙂
- Classes focusing on the ‘problem areas’ we see working from a desk, such as neck, shoulders, wrists, and lower back, to alleviate symptoms and avoid future strains.
- An interactive class, where students can address specific areas in the body they want to work on by using the chat feature.
- Every session incorporates breath work and mindfulness.
- The only equipment needed is a chair preferably with no arm rests and not on wheels – but go with what you have!
This course is aimed at those who are adapting to working from home in a time when physical exercise is as important as ever and opportunities are all too rare.
This course is suitable for anyone who would like to improve their mental and physical health during these difficult times.
Immersive Technologies Skillnet courses are open to all regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Once you have registered, a password protected zoom link will be emailed to you to access the recurring course.
Please note that places are limited, are open to Irish registered SME’s or self-employed/freelancers only.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issue with applying on the website please contact email@example.com
- 10.11.20 - Staying Limber During Lockdown 2.0
10th November 2020 - 17th December 2020
1:00 pm - 1:20 pm