Trainer: Escape Studios
Date: Saturday, December 5th, 2020
Cost: FREE to Immersive Technologies Skillnet Applicants
Max Participants: 10
Immersive Technologies Skillnet has teamed up with Escape Studios to offer this introduction to Niagara FX course FREE of charge to 10 participants who sign up through Immersive Technologies Skillnet.
About this Event
Professional training courses
Unreal Authorised Training Centre
Escape Studios is the only Unreal Authorized Training Centre in the UK and throughout November and December will be running a series of Unreal Engine training courses aimed at professionals to help you up your game. Training will be delivered by Escape Studios tutors, using approved content and materials from Unreal Engine. Immersive Technologies Skillnet will subsidise some of these courses for Irish SMEs & Sole Traders who participate.
- Niagara UI and Emitter/System hierarchy explained
- Breaking down the difference between Spawn and Update
- Building your first Particle Material
- Using Particle Colour to control your Sprites
- Covering the basic modules (Location, Velocity, Colour over Life etc.)
- Building your first Sprite based components
- Adding Randomness with Uniform Distributions
- Adding Randomness with Flipbook Textures
- Adding Mesh Particles and GPU particles to the Effect
- Building the specific Materials required for Mesh and GPU
- Dynamic Parameters and Particle Random
- Converting the Effect from a Looping system to a Burst
- Animating and Triggering the Burst system with Sequencer
- Local vs Global particles
Although this module is an introduction to Niagra, some 3D experience is advised.
What you will need
This course is taught in English and you will need access to a computer to join the online classes.
You will need a microphone and speakers/headphones in order to participate in the Zoom virtual classroom, and a stable internet connection to support both the Zoom meeting and the Parsec remote workstation connection. We recommend using a separate mouse or stylus as opposed to a trackpad.
We have a 3 x step process:
- Apply with link provided below.
- Register (upon successful application via link sent)
- Feedback (post session via link sent)
For continued Skillnet funding support, it is important that all three steps are observed.
Please apply through the link below before 5pm on Thursday December 3rd 2020.
A second Niagara FX class will be scheduled for early 2021
Please note that places are limited, are open to Irish registered SMEs or Sole Traders only and applicants are assessed on their relevant experience so please make sure you upload an up to date CV.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issue with applying on the website please contact email@example.com
- 05.12.20 Introduction to Niagara FX
5th December 2020
9:30 am - 5:30 pm