Facilitator: Annika McGivern (Adaptas)
Course: Skills for Time Management, Mindset, and Habit Change
Workshop #1 Friday, December 11th
Workshop #2 Friday, December 18th
Duration: 12.30-2:30pm (2 Hrs)
Cost: €100 p.p (Max 10)
Effective time management is effective self-management. More than ever before, 2020 has demonstrated to all of us the importance of continuously developing our ability to manage our minds, to find balance in time management, and to adapt in the face of a rapidly changing world.
This two-part workshop series will provide participants with a strong collection of tangible skills to support their capacity to learn faster, grow through challenges, enhance self awareness, and manage their time, energy, and productivity successfully into 2021. This is a workshop, not a webinar. The trainer delivers information on useful concepts, tools and techniques while inviting learners to discuss and apply the tools to their current role and objectives. The time in between two workshops enables the learner to apply and revert with progress, successes and any challenges.
Workshop # 1: Duration: 2 hours
Developing Habits to Support a Strong Start in 2021
- Why habits? Habits and routines form the backbone of our daily behaviour, the way we manage our time, and our ability to move forward towards our goals with consistency.
- The 7 Principles of Habit Change that support adults to take control of their learning and behaviour.
- Understanding the keystone habits that support productivity, balance, mental health, mindset, and success.
Value of Time
- How Beliefs, Values and Goals Shape Our Use of Time
- Understanding the big picture of time management to maximise our daily effort.
- Developing Self-Awareness: Why time management comes down to self management and how to develop awareness to support stronger outcomes.
- Choose 1 or 2 action steps from this workshop to apply between now and the next workshop. Share this with the group and facilitator.
Workshop # 2: Duration: 2 hours
- Review progress, successes and any challenges that have arisen since Workshop 1 regarding applying action steps committed to (at the end of Workshop1).
- Growth and Resilience
- Manage your mindset through unexpected challenges
- Supporting yourself to maintain a growth mindset when the going gets tough.
- Enhance Productivity
- The daily skills that develop clarity and strengthen us against distraction.
- Strengthening your productive mindset
- Putting it all Together
- Combining mindset, habit change, and time management skills into a strategy for success in 2021.
- A clear understanding of the skills that support effective adult learning and habit change and how to implement these skills to support all future learning opportunities.
- An in-depth understanding of applying growth mindset to enhance self awareness and adaptability in the face of unexpected challenges.
- Exactly what steps to take to strength yourself against distraction and support productivity.
- A clear understanding of how to build a personal, long-term strategy for effective time management that combines personal values, goal setting, habits and daily practices.
We generally find that these topics and skills are of value to all individuals; whether they are sole traders, business owners, or managers of teams.
Annika McGivern is a Performance, Sport and Exercise Psychologist. Her passion for performance psychology was born from her own experience as an athlete in the world of high-performance equestrian sport, where she subsequently gained over ten years professional coaching experience. Her years competing and coaching in high-stakes environments challenged her to develop excellent communication skills and a passion for understanding the psychological factors that drive people towards, or away, from success.
Combining this experience with a BA (Hons) of Psychology from the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada, and a MSc of Sport and Exercise Psychology from Ulster University in Belfast, Annika now works in across the sport, fitness and business sectors in Ireland, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Her approach focuses on developing the skills needed by individuals and teams to excel under pressure in the areas that matter most, bringing insights about the tangible skills, we need to perform, lead, and communicate effectively from a sport context and successfully applying them to a business context.
Annika is passionate about teaching effective and empathetic communication, alongside learning and habit change skills, in all her work, as she believes these two areas are essential to the successful implementation of mental skills. Annika has been a guest lecturer in Cognitive Behavioural Coaching on the UCC Masters in Personal and Management Coaching programme with Dr. Celine Mullins. She is a firm believer in promoting well-being through sport and business and has conducted research on current mental health challenges in equestrian sport.
With fifteen years of experience working across Multinationals, SMEs, Governmental and Educational agencies, across a wide range of sectors in Ireland and internationally, Adaptas pivoted successfully during March 2020 to delivering learning and coaching in the virtual space. As well as delivering workshops, programmes, 1-2-1 coaching, and creating training videos, in 2018 Adaptas started creating training tools with their clients using Virtual reality. One of these tools, ‘Immersive Sales Star’ won the award for ‘Excellence in Digital Learning’ with FBD Insurance from the Irish Institute of Training & Development Awards (IITD) March 2019.
“One of the things that sets Adaptas apart from other providers is their ability to really get into the psyche of our organisation and our culture; this is reflected in Adaptas’ flair for customised design and facilitation and time and time again, our employees share positive feedback for the impact they experience working with Adaptas.”
Eve Bulman, Senior Manager, People Development (Global), Intercom
We have a 3 x step process:
- Apply with link provided below.
- Register (via link sent upon successful application) and pay when applicable.
- Feedback (via link sent post session).
For continued Skillnet funding support, it is important that all three steps are observed.
Please apply through the link below before 5pm on Tuesday December 8th 2020.
https://forms.gle/ZfpjhFQ4CHUaqRKP8 – CLOSED
If your application is successful we will send you on the registration and payment details.
Registration & Payment Deadline 12.00pm on Thursday December 10th
Please note that places are limited, are open to Irish registered SMEs or Sole Traders only.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issue with applying on the website please contact email@example.com
- 11.12.20/18.12.20 Skills for Time Management, Mindset, and Habit Change
11th December 2020 - 17th December 2020
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm